Thursday, September 01, 2011

Busted

Our street was being repaved yesterday. I left the house a couple of times to see if they had let open our street so that I could drive my car back home. The first time I left the house, I walked to check and nope, not open, so I headed home to see these pigeons on our roof. Let me say, we hate pigeons. Loathe them. Despise them. So, the hubs had told Nathan to throw ice at the pigeons to scare them away should they land on our roof. Nathan had a play date so, I didn't want to disturb him and decided I don't have too bad of an aim, I could scare them. I took three ice cubes from inside. Okay, the first one was no where near the the birds. The second came closer, so by the third ice cube, I was able to scare away the pigeons.

Score! I felt accomplished. I turn around only to see my neighbor (a cop) looking at me like, what in the world?! So, I laugh nervously and then run back into the house.

A few hours later, I go back outside to again check on the street. Still closed. This time, there is a whole throng of pigeons sitting on our roof! UGH! Don't they get it? Checking around, the neighborhood looked clear of any people outside, so I run into the house and get more ice cubes. This time, my first and second throw manages to scare away the throng. Feeling again, quite accomplished, I turn and see the same neighbor looking at me as he has parked his car outside the block and was walking home. Busted again! This time, I felt inclined to explain to him why I am doing what I am doing and, he yells twice at me (it's a wide street, and I have bad hearing), what are you throwing? And I yell back, ICE! He nods and again, I quickly run back inside the house.

I sure hope it's not against the law to throw ice at pigeons. But, really, they are a nuisance. Pooping all over the place. YUCK!