This past Tuesday, Nathan pitched not so good, okay he was awful. He kept short arming his throws and I think his dad the coach, along with both Nathan and I were pretty flustered, to say the least. Then, he went to bat...not sure if he had brushed off his bad inning pitching, I held my breath and prayed...and what do you know? He hit a double against a (supposedly) good pitcher--the Coach's son (JC). Thanks to an aggressive Coach (Dad), Nathan also scored the first run after stealing home and having the umpire calling him SAFE! (The catcher ended up dropping the ball anyways after the call).
The next up at bat, Nathan hit another double, but due to their error, it became a triple. The game was starting to inch closer. He hit off yet another different pitcher.
At the last inning, Nathan was facing this rather big kid who threw fast pitches. I was shaking and praying and oh so nervous for Nathan. But, BAM! A TRIPLE!!! I was yelling and screaming and oh so excited!!! All in all, Nathan was probably responsible for seven of the total eight runs. He did awesome, and I'm praying that he is finally having fun and getting it. He hit so well, and his mom and dad are so proud of him. We hope that he continues to do well and that his confidence is boosted. Baseball seems to be more mental and a lot of--attitude. Nathan has grown a lot in the past two years.
Nathan is not a star seeker, he's just a humble kid. I wish he was a bit more assertive and possessed more self confidence, but, I hope people will start to recognize him as also a star player. Thank you Good Lord, for giving Nathan the skill. Hope he continues to grow!
