Friday, October 30, 2009

Pumpkin Patch

Alysia went to a fieldtrip yesterday to the pumpkin patch. Neither her mom nor her dad went with her, but she definitely tried to convince us both in separate occasions.

Wednesday night conversation~
Alysia: Daddy can you go with me on my fieldtrip tomorrow?
Dad: Oh, I can't honey I have to work.
Alysia: You can call in sick.
Dad: Are you going to call for me?
Alysia: Yes
Dad: What will you say?
Alysia: Hello, Billy is sick.
Dad: What happens if they call?
Alysia: Then I'll answer the phone!

Thursday morning conversation:
Mom: Have fun on your field trip today. Mommy can't go with you because the teacher didn't ask me.
Alysia: All you have to do is pay and you can go.
Mom: Oh baby, I can't go, I have BSF.
Alysia's eyes begin to well up with tears.

Nevertheless, I think Alysia had a fun time. She picked a pretty nice pumpkin.

Afterschool~
Mom: Is that your pumpkin that you picked?'
Alysia: Yes, it's my baby.
Mom: Wow, that's a nice pumpkin.
Alysia: Can I carve it?
Mom: You want to carve your baby?!
Alysia: No Mom, it's a pumpkin. Can I carve it?